Saturday, February 25, 2012

Busy Bees




We've had so much going on around here. Last Saturday I went with some friends to the Endymion Extravaganza, for those of you who don't live around here, it's a Mardi Gras ball. It was held in the Super Dome for the first time since Katrina. We had so much fun and it was nice to have some mommy time. To go out and hang out with adults was nice esp since with all that's been going on with Fiona lately, I've been pretty stressed.

She's still been having some episodes of painful urination, and frequently going 12+ hours without peeing. We are seeing Dr Roth at Children's on tuesday for our first urology apt. Hoping that he can give us some insight as to what might be going on. I also want to ask him about the yeast infections, she's pretty much had one constantly for the past 5 months and frequent ones before that. Not sure if that's in the uro realm of things to deal with, but I hope so.

We also have GI (Dr Charles) on Monday so it should be a busy 2 days. Interested to hear their take on what's been going on. I also really want to talk to them about our ER experience and my concerns about ever bringing her back to that ER, it was awful!

As far as the constipation goes it does seem like she is improving since coming off of dairy...so fingers crossed that this was the solution that we needed. She's currently taking 4 1/2 caps of miralax a day and senna/ dulcolax suppositories as needed. We did the senna 2x a day for 1 week along with the 3 days of dulcolax and that was really the turning point. In awesome news Fiona has actually asked to use the potty and pooped on it 2 times! I'm sooo excited by this because I was really beginning to think we may never get to the potty training point with her. Since she's making progress on her own I really want to push to get her in the GI therapy program ASAP. I'm very sure now that her issue is not holding it in since she wants to go.

Of course with the good comes the other...lol. It's always something. I know I mentioned this months ago, but Fi has been still chewing up food and then gagging and spitting it out. She's also swishing her drinks in her mouth, sometimes swallowing, others letting it roll out of her mouth. So I plan to ask about repeating her swallow study. We had assumed that her dysphagia was gone, but maybe we've just been over looking the signs the whole time...idk. I definitely want to rule it out though because she was at aspiration risk and since she's been coughing a lot lately I want to make sure it's not an aspiration thing.

Even with all of the craziness we've still been having fun. Fiona had a great time at the parades and caught tons of stuff. She told me she wanted to go to parades today and when I told her that there are no parades, she said "but why not?"...lol. We did Chuck E Cheese, got pictures taken, bought dressers and I made her a new dress...no wonder my house is a mess lol. I'll try to update after each of her apts and also when I hear back from Cinci.

No comments:

Post a Comment